[Klug-general] Re: You can't dis apple

Karl Lattimer karl at qdh.org.uk
Tue Dec 19 14:50:27 GMT 2006

On Tue, 2006-12-19 at 14:45 +0000, J D Freeman wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 19, 2006 at 02:39:48PM +0000, Karl Lattimer wrote:
> > True.
> >
> > But let me just say this, until I can see work from you that compares to
> > apple or redhat for that matter, don't dis them. You have no right.
> > Their work is impeccable and you may want to reconsider before slating
> > something that is pretty damn cool!
>
> Please, step back, read this, then add debian instead of apple or
> redhat. I am not saying their work is crap. I am not saying it doesn't
> have a place, I am just saying I CHOOSE not to use it. That simple. I
> beleive the slagging people off was you (comments about 4 people in a
> shed?)

May I return you to;

1) 1 mouse button
2) Track pad rather than nipple
3) to big
4) designed to run MacOS X, which I don't like
5) built more for eye candy than use IMHO
6) White - WHY GOD WHY? Black is much nicer :p
7) There was a 7th reason then the phone rang and I can't remember what
I was going to write.
8) Saying anything against a mac makes my housemate squirm.

Hmm, nuff said.

> > Still sitting on a news group somewhere entitled GPL Minix clone I'd
> > expect.
>
> Simply saying that is to deny that there has been anything good to come
> out of debian. Whilst I acknowledge freely that apple and redhat have
> done good work. Debian has too, and you shouldn't discard them so off
> handedly.

I never said nothing good came out of debian, look at ubuntu, debian
done properly.

My point is, that apple and redhat have been the major players in making
linux what it is. Along with IBM, HP and surprisingly DELL. Linux would
still be here without debian, it wouldn't without redhat.

K,