[Klug-general] If RPM based distros wanted to change...

Karl Lattimer karl at qdh.org.uk
Tue Dec 19 15:07:28 GMT 2006

> The original reason I moved away from redhat was for apt and the power
> it offered.
>
> I still think apt is the most powerful package management system
> outthere, and having read Martin Krafts book on the subject, I
> understand now fully why they are designed as such. Makes alot of sense.

deb is the most powerful package manager, but the build system needs
work. I think its getting to the time where they should both emalgamate
in some way, take the best bits of both and ditch the turd.

> If redhat moved towards apt, would I use it, dunno, I like my debian :p
>
> As for debating nicely, I always play nice *flutters eyelashes*

For the third time, apt works on redhat, so does yum, but yum sucks, I
use it but it still sucks.

K,