[Klug-general] All this talk of drink made me thirsty...

matt house matthouse at dsl.pipex.com
Tue Dec 19 15:43:33 GMT 2006

Quoting J D Freeman <klug at quixotic.org.uk>:

> On Tue, Dec 19, 2006 at 03:33:47PM +0000, matt house wrote:
> > meh simple simons is a bit small and cramped tbh, and it's far too cold to
> be
> > sitting in the garden. how's about the buttermarket or the old beverlie?
>
> Depends, when its relatively quiet its great. When it isn't, its packed.
>
> Old bev is a very good choice. That works.

it's my fave pub at the moment, that and the Millers arms. both are good in
winter as they both have open fires :D but the millers has Asahi on tap,
expensive but nice.

> > well a coupld of us (literally 2 at the moment :P) are gwtting together for
> > pre new year drink on saturday the 30th and I was going to post to the
> forum and
> > let everyone know anyway.
>
> That works too. I am thinking something this week tho. Dare I suggest
> a pub meet this week and next week?

could do this week, although I'm not going to be around on wednesday night or
thursday, although I'll prob be in the bev with mates on all the other nights
anyway.

> > what kind of music? I remember seeing raging speedhorn in the blind dog
> before
> > they had a record contract. (way back when it used to be the cardinals cap
> and
> > was the only metal pub in Canterbury)
>
> OOh, theres someone who goes back abit :p

oi. I'm not that old :P

> Not this is more folk like than rock. Not sure how you would catagorise
> it. Would "GOOD" be a suitable answer?

yeah that works :P

Matt

--
registered linux user #380291
Sakura: Home built AMD64 3500, 1Gb, 160Gb, Radeon x1600xt