[Klug-general] Checking a valid email address

Kevin Groves kevin.groves at kentpharm.co.uk
Wed Feb 15 12:49:37 GMT 2006

Paul Littlefield wrote:

>Hi Folks
>
>Is there a way to quickly check the validity of an email address on the
>command line with something like sendmail or bind?

Host part is easy.

If the destination supports it an smtp connection can enforce valid
accounts only but I dont know if many systems allow that as it's a bit
of a security issue.

Finger command was the old way but most systems stop that function for
the same reason.

Kev,

--
The Information contained in this email is confidential and intended for the
use of the addressee only.  Unauthorised disclosure, copying, distribution