[Klug-general] Rochester Meet

David Halliday david.halliday at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 20:33:14 GMT 2006

OK I'm sorry all for this late messing around. Sadly I'm rushed off my
feet. I'll try and get things down in some sort of order so that it
makes sense. Also sorry for any repetitions.

1: Time, I have to push the time forward again to 12. I have a meeting
in Canterbury and Although i should be back in time for 11 we all know
what the trains are like.

1: The Location is a funny one. The college has a number of buildings
and the one we are using is at the top of the hill. The address on the
KLUG site is fine as it is the central address for the college. I will
attempt to put Tux out and about to show you the way.
I have made a map to the building here (no. 2 New road Rochester):
http://streetmap.co.uk/streetmap.dll?G2M?X=574678&Y=167940&A=Y&Z=1

2: Demonstrations, I have a room available with computers for
demonstrations (12 Pentium 4s with 256 MB RAM and M$ winblows XP.).
They are currently on a network with DHCP, Internet and everything,
however I can unplug the fibre link to the server so that they are on
their own self contained network if people want to give
demonstrations.

3: If you want to demonstrate something then can you let me know in
advance so i can make any arrangements needed. If you have any
unusual/special requests don't hesitate to ask.

4: Food & Drink Tea and coffee will be available, I'll also see about
the possibility of some crisps and things, I think my boss wants a
small "donation" for tea and coffee. If you want a full meal i can
highly recommend the nags head pub (turn left coming out of the
station) serves good beer and British pub food.