[Klug-general] Re: KLUG IRC

Alan Pope alan at popey.com
Sat Jul 29 22:11:38 BST 2006

On Sat, Jul 29, 2006 at 10:02:41PM +0100, Colin_The_Technician wrote:
> Alan
> I looked at your report and some others and tried this command which
> was suggested.
>
> $ GST_PLUGIN_PATH=/usr/local/lib/gstreamer-0.10/ istanbul
>
> Istanbul now runs, but can't seem to work out how to get it to record.

It runs! \o/ Yay! Hang out the banners!

Click the red "record" icon on the toolbar. When it's finished click the
"stop" icon that it has turned into. A dialog box should appear asking you
to save the file. You can also play it back directly. It will default to
saving as an ogg.

> This Linux lark is slow going.

Yeah, that happens sometimes. Chin up.

<pimp>
As an aside, I'm due to give a "short"* talk about screencasting on Linux at
the next Hampshire Linux User Group Meeting. It's on the 5th August and my
talk starts at 12pm.

We would *love* to see people from Kent turn up. We frequently get people
from Dorset, Berkshire, Surrey and Sussex make the journey, but I appreciate
Kent is just that bit further away.

Don't worry if you can't make it, assuming my DV cam works we'll video it
and it will be available on Google Video shortly after. We also make all the
notes available online via the website http://hants.lug.org.uk/
</pimp>

* short for me is usually 45 mins or so - I get told to shutup. See
http://video.google.co.uk/videosearch?q=hampshire+linux+user+group for
examples :)

Cheers,
Al.