[Klug-general] TTFs under SUSE

Michael. E. Rentell michael.rentell at ntlworld.com
Tue Jun 27 20:41:34 BST 2006

G'day again all,

Thanks for all the advice, to everyone - much appreciated. Er unfortunately I hav found other problems too with SUSE. So I tried Fedora Core 5 but that would not write a bootstrap starter at all, not even to a diskette, so I've junked that too. So I am back to square one with a perfectly working Mandriva 2005LE. Everything works under that, SCSI scanner, videos, Seamonkey etc etc.

It is just that it is a bit old. Never mind I suppose I will just stick with it until Mandriva 2007LE comes out and see if that will address my scanner (2006LE won't under any circumstances that I can configure).

I suppose I could always try Berry Linux from Japan. They say that is well set-up for the office user - sorry I'm not too much of a clued-up fundi. Just a user. Anyone else tried Berry Linux?

Mike R in Folkestone.

Hi Mike,

If you go to Yast and then Software Updates there is an optional patch
to install Microsoft True Type Core Fonts. Would this do the trick?

James