[Klug-general] Root on kubuntu

Dan Attwood danattwood at googlemail.com
Thu Jun 29 19:43:25 BST 2006

There is no root per say in Kubuntu. The first user is also added to the
root group.

In order to run and command as root you'll need to use 'sudo'.

For example to run konqueror as root open up a konsole and type 'sudo
konqueror' then you'll be prompted for your password.

This is why when you run adept from the menu it will ask you for your
password - this then grants adept root privieldges.

Not the tradiontal linux way but is cuts out a lot of faffing.

dan