[Klug-general] Adsl confusion

Karl Lattimer karl at nncc.info
Fri May 12 19:10:10 BST 2006

> Notes:
> First public release of the usbatm kernel subsystem including cxacru.

There is also a possibility its got a connexant chip, where the CnxADSL
driver may work, although I can't be sure, try looking into tigris
connexant and speedtouch, you will have to rebuild your kernel, this
isn't particularly difficult but it is a pain and takes a while, however
I would suggest getting a better (supported) modem. I would recommend
the Connexant ADSL PCI and the Sangoma Wanpipe S518, both are PCI cards,
and neither require the kernel to be rebuilt as they compile as loadable
modules (sangoma builds into RPM and I have chkconfig and SPEC patches
which you may need). The connexant is cheap, the sangoma is pricey,
however the sangoma has line watchdog, which makes it very stable.

> NOTE: the package can be used only as an integral part of the Linux
> kernel source tree, thus the kernel license terms apply to it.

Thats a bullshit line, they've hacked up a driver failed to release it
GPL and submit it to patches at kernel.org so they're inheriting the
license because they're cucking flueless.

Gotta love the relationship between hardware manufacturers and linux,
linux is just too communist for them I recon. ;)

K,