[Klug-general] Re: Tux Magazine & CDRs

Ritchie Fraser ritchie at rpfraser.uklinux.net
Tue May 16 19:07:52 BST 2006

On Tuesday 16 May 2006 12:15, kent-request at mailman.lug.org.uk wrote:

>    1. Tux Magazine & CDRs (Allen Brooker)
>
> So far I've looked at LightScribe (where the CD burner can, when the CD
> is flipped over, burn a label onto capable CDs), but media (particularly
> CDs) for this seems limited and relatively expensive. I'm also aware of
> a number of stores that sell Linux CDs - however these all charge £1 or
> more per disk, which is far too expensive for what I need. I'm currently
> looking into doing something like using printed Avery labels - you can
> get CD label applicators and I've got one on order from Dabs (cost about
> £5 so not too big a loss if it doesn't work IMO).

I have used GIMP to create the label

GIMP -> Xtns -> Script-Fu -> Misc -> CD Label

Create design / text etc... Save as jpg or png.

Start glabels. I have created my own template (Very easy to do) for
"Fellows 04715 CD Label 2UP". Use template to create document and paste in
label image from GIMP.

Regards

Ritchie

PS I came to Dover meet in January but was not able to make it last month,
hope to come to Rochester though.

--
"I went to the hardware store and bought some used paint.  It was in
the shape of a house.  I also bought some batteries, but they weren't