[Klug-general] Shiny new things: TFTs, keyboards and wacom tablets

Karl Lattimer karl at nncc.info
Fri May 19 09:43:28 BST 2006

I recently bought a Sony X-Black TFT, I got it for a good price, £255
for a 17" with the X-black coating which is well worth the extra money.
I noticed that a month after I bought it the price went up to £300, as I
bought it in november the price increase came for december, the xmas
price hike which was marked as a sale item!

I don't know how they can get away with increasing the price and calling
it a sale, I suppose people don't regularly notice these inconsistencies
in marketing vs. value, believing that a company wouldn't lie to you...
(Security, Reliability are two buzzwords that spring to mind and don't
forget passion and people ready)

FYI, I bought the monitor from dabs.com and was kept waiting over a week
when I payed for next day delivery and they said it would be in stock!
It seems they don't know how to reserve stock properly so when someone
else bought the same product, probably with a surname higher than L in
the alphabet they got the thing not I, who was the first to purchase it!

K,