[Klug-general] Freevo and TvTime

Karl Lattimer karl at nncc.info
Sun May 21 22:33:16 BST 2006

On Sun, 2006-05-21 at 22:16 +0100, Kevin Groves wrote:
> Hi
>
> Something bugging me and it's the last thing...
>
> Have TvTime runing and I can pick up say BBC on something like channel 124.
>
> Have Freevo woking with a suitable channel guide.
>
> When channel selected in Freevo it displays channel 0!
>
>     <station active='1' band='US Cable' name='UK Horizons' channel='0'
> position='9'/>

vi /etc/freevo/freevo.conf modify the chanlist variable, although I
can't remember off the top of my head what the channel lists can be
other TV apps should give you the proper value, you may also need to set
the frequency table which AFAIK can be generated from mplayer,
personally I only use composite input in tvtime, subscribing to the
freevo-users list will provide more useful information to you.

also, you can specify the specific frequencies in
the /etc/freevo/local_conf.py but again, I don't use this. If you do
figure it out please post to the wiki at http://www.freevo.org/doc if
your solution isn't already.

Freevo is very flexible with all these things, lots of it has been
hacked on by lots of people so its all possible. You could try comparing
a command line you create to the one freevo generates also, backtrace
through the code a little generally reveals an answer.

> Once I have this analogue tuner working then I'm going to get my nice
> DVB one to work which isnt a supported (OS) tuner...

If its not OS supported then good luck! If it works in xine then it'll
work in freevo, and more importantly will be able to timeshift in
freevo2.

k,