[Klug-general] Broadband in Kent

Alex A. Smith MCP alex at asmhosting.com
Mon May 22 21:10:23 BST 2006

Hi,

If your not in a cable area ADSL will be your only choice.

With the advent of ADSL Max most providers (Aside from some LLU's) are
moving away from the "Unlimited" packages as BT have recently put the
prices that they charge to wholesale up.

If you want ADSL and Unlimited Bandwidth best bet is to look and see if
you can get any of the LLU servers (Such as Bulldog or Be) a good site
to do this would be samknows (www.samknows.com). If you know your new
post code you can wack it in the "Availability checker" and it'll tell
you roughly what speeds you can get on ADSL Max and what (If any) LLU
services you can get.

If you want to go LLU I personaly would recommend Bulldog. I signed up
with them when they first went over to 4meg and it was chaotic at the
time but they have been perfect since.

For normal ADSL/ADSL Max - Zen, Clara Net and Pipex are ones that I have
used in a number of offices/locations all without problems.

On a side note, samknows will also tell you if you will be in a cable area.

If I have rambled on a little sorry!

Hope that does help a little though.

----

Alex A. Smith MCP