[Klug-general] Broadband in East Kent

Michael. E. Rentell michael.rentell at ntlworld.com
Wed May 24 15:32:46 BST 2006

The comments on this topic have been interesting.

If I may add my 3-ha'porth?
I use NTL. I was dying to be offered the service, especially after every
street in Folkestone was dug up for weeks-on-end some years ago putting
in the ducting etc. Mud everywhere.
Eventually the offer came and I chose the 1Mbps service at £24.99 a month.
The reliability is pretty good and the speed matched the promise.
Since then they have doubled the speed for no increase in price
(competition!) and that works too.
Now I have received an email promising me a further upgrade to 4Mbps
download (and an increased upload speed to 400Kbps) which is more than
adequate for my needs.
Glass cables are the future whilst the copper local loops are being
pushed to their absolute limits - er I have no shares in NTL :-)
I believe most of the East Kent coastal area was cabled. Try the
NTLWorld.com web-site and enter the exact postcode for the proposed
address and they will respond immediately with either an offer or a
turndown because the service isn't there yet.

Mike Rentell
in Folkestone