[Klug-general] sit0: unknown hardware address type 776

Kevin Groves kgroves at ksoft-creative-projects.co.uk
Mon Oct 9 07:59:13 BST 2006

Matthew Macdonald-Wallace wrote:
> Hi all,
>

> The DHCP server is not issuing leases despite the fact that the
> interface is up and the server is listening to the correct interface.

Does the same for me and I only have one NIC installed. I think because
it tries to bind to the other NIC and fails. I restart DHCP
/etc/init.d/dhcp3 start and that solves the problem.
> I have been led to believe through numerous google searches that this
> error is to do with IPv6 being enabled, can any one tell me how to
> turn off IPv6 for all my interfaces and network programs within Debian?
Really? Never had a problem with DHCP and IPv6. If it shows when you do
ipconfig then it's there. I think IPv6 is a module unless it's compiled
in with the kernel in for this distro.