[Klug-general] Screencasting on Linux

Alan Pope alan at popey.com
Sat Sep 2 18:57:03 BST 2006

On Tue, Aug 29, 2006 at 11:10:02AM +0100, Dan Attwood wrote:
> The problem though it that it records as ogg and there is no editing
> software for ogg that I could find. I'm therefore using VLC to
> transcode it and then edting it in cinelerra - which is an evil
> program but as least it works. I tryied diva, pitivi, kino, LiVES and
> Jahshaka and none of them were any good for one reason or another.

Further to my last reply, I found the following three articles that explain
how to make a screencast on linux in really easy steps. okay it requires the
command line, but it does spell it all out.

http://www.misterhowto.com/index.php?category=Computers&subcategory=Video&article=make_a_screencast_with_linux
http://www.misterhowto.com/index.php?category=Computers&subcategory=Video&article=avi_to_dv_with_ffmpeg
http://www.misterhowto.com/index.php?category=Computers&subcategory=Video&article=change_or_remove_audio_track_with_mencoder

Hope that helps.