[Klug-general] Anybody having internet trouble?

John K Masters johnmasters at oxtedonline.net
Mon Apr 2 21:55:58 BST 2007

On Mon, 2 Apr 2007 18:44:27 +0100
Karl Lattimer <karl at qdh.org.uk> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm getting a barrage of reports of people having sluggish internet
> and a variety of related issues, including no connection at all.
>
> So far, I've heard tiscali is out, virgin (mine) is slow as hell, bt
> is slow, sky broadband is off, and free-online/plusnet are slow,
> claranet are also having trouble.
>
> Also this is fairly nationwide it seems, newcastle, edinbrough,
> glasgow, maidstone and sheffield POPs AFAIK
>
> Cross ISP/Cross country problems can't be good...
>
> K,

OK here in Oxted via NTL. Yes I know Oxted is not in Kent but I can
walk across the border in about 10 minutes AND I was born in Kent so I
reckon I qualify :)

Have been lurking for a couple of weeks so this is my chance to
introduce myself. I've been using Linux on and off since SuSe 7.0 but
now exclusively Linux at home.

Regards,
    John
--
War is God's way of teaching Americans geography.
Ambrose Bierce