[Klug-general] Debian 4.0 released

John K Masters johnmasters at oxtedonline.net
Mon Apr 9 22:40:01 BST 2007

On Mon, 09 Apr 2007 22:12:06 +0100
George Prowse <cokehabit at gmail.com> wrote:

> Laurence Southon wrote:
> > I would not have known this if a friend had not alerted me. Debian
> > 4.0 (Etch) is now the stable release as of 8th April 07:-
> >
> > http://www.uk.debian.org/News/2007/20070408
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Laurence Southon
> > Rochester
> >
> 21 months between releases???!!! You have to be joking. Debian is
> just taking the piss. Why bother releasing versions?
>
> George

Stable release is what it says - stable. Able to run mission critical
servers. There are plenty of other options in Debian. Personally I run
2 web servers on the current stable, a laptop on testing which is a
rolling update, a desktop on stable and a desktop on unstable which is
what all the other derivatives base on and is why they keep breaking.
Linux is about choices and Debian gives you more choice than any other
distro.

Regards, John

--
War is God's way of teaching Americans geography.
Ambrose Bierce