[Klug-general] Dover Meeting - April 2007

David Halliday david.halliday at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 15:34:41 BST 2007

I will possibly be able to host extra at Rochester. I'm aware that
this doesn't help people in the dover area etc... If no other options
come up Rochester can be used this month.

I had a nice weeks holiday last week,I have returned to hell once
again. I haven't done any of the jobs I was going to do on Monday. It
took hours to setup 3 computers... carry them across the site (large
17 inch CRT screens as well) and into attic rooms.

Then found that I had a broken mouse, faulty Ethernet cable, and
something else missing... Each of these was a walk across the
Rochester site which isn't that small as far as sites go (up and down
the hill). I got the computers plugged in. turned them on... BLUE
SCREEN OF DEATH on one. So I found a new hard disk for it etc...

Today I get in and after investigation of a problem the switch that
has the fiber links to all the buildings was acting up. I turned it
off then on again and all the fiber died... After much trying, testing
and obscene language replacement parts are on their way and will
arrive tomorrow morning., meanwhile most of the site is without
internet, email, network file storage etc...

Hope everyone else is having an easier week than me.