[Klug-general] Rolling KLUG IRC meetings

Peter Childs peterachilds at gmail.com
Wed Dec 5 05:07:49 GMT 2007

On 04/12/2007, Colin McCarthy <binarysignal at gmail.com> wrote:

> So an idea was suggested to have more virtual meetings using IRC.
> Teamspeak and Skype could also be used.
> IRC can be quiet for a long time, then springs to life for a while.  My
> idea would be to try and have a dedicated IRC night once a week, when if we
> wanted we would make an effort to get on the IRC channel, knowing other
> people would be there.

Hence why I surgested, We're not big in number so the IRC channel is quite
often very very quiet.  But if we all turn up for an hour or two we can be
there in great number just not all the time :)

As people have various schedules of taking their sons to ballet and
> daughters to football they probably could not do the same night each week,
> so it might make sense to have a 'rolling schedule'.  For example, Monday
> the first week, Tuesday the next, Wednesday the third etc.  It would be easy
> to add a calendar to the website and advertise the event.

Plus planning it round everything else. Fridays are probably best avoided
due to clashing with the socials.

Weekly might be too much so every two weeks might work better.  Not sure. We
> can use these virtual meetings to plan items for the physical meetings or
> blast the hell out of each other with an online game :-)  Nexuiz is very
> good http://www.alientrap.org/nexuiz/

How does every 10 days sound. But if we plan a time for the first meet we
can decide then :) So rather than talk any longer here is a suggestion.

Time: 20:00 - 22:00 (If your late it does not matter if you need to leave
early who cares)
Location: Your arm chair (irc://irc.lug.org.uk/#klug)
When: Next Mon 10th December

Peter Childs

What are your thoughts?