[Klug-general] removal of an unneeded module

George Prowse cokehabit at gmail.com
Fri Dec 7 17:53:11 GMT 2007

I am having an annoying instance of the realtek 8139 problem. Basically
there are 2 different 8139 cards and if the installer detects an 8139
card then it builds and loads both of them making the card unworkable.

Anyway, I need to use the 8139cp module and the 8139too module is
redundant but as I can rmmod the cp module (the one I want) I cannot
remove the 8139too module.

rmmod -f wont remove it (I dont think it was built into the kernel) so i
can't get the networking set up.

Has anyone got any ideas?

George

PS. Also why do you have to give the whole path to /sbin when giving
commands like ifconfig and lsmod in Fedora? It's very annoying!