[Klug-general] Fwd: [ubuntu-uk] LUGRadio Live 2007 and Ubuntu UK

Karl Lattimer karl at qdh.org.uk
Mon Feb 5 12:14:28 GMT 2007

I will probably be doing a lightning talk about wine-doors on one of
the secondary stages. That is if everything pans out and I get the
first release out in time, which is pretty damned likely.

The talk will most likely be centred around why wine is good for
Linux but bad for windows, which is contrary to some zealotry
beliefs, and also I will be talking about using cairo to enrich user
interfaces with subtle but effective code which adds something
without making the software look like it doesn't fit (e.g. the
badness of chameleonic interfaces) if anyone would like to help me
out by hearing my rough draft of the talk then let me know.

If anyone would like to help out by contributing code to the wine-
doors project you are also very welcome, one thing outstanding which
really does need some attention is the setup.py, which I haven't
spent much time on and was initially put together by a grade A moron.
We also will need testers in the coming months, and I shall be having
a bug day as soon as I can get the whole crew working at the same time.

K,