[Klug-general] Request for Topics

Alex Layfield alex at alexlayfield.force9.co.uk
Fri Feb 9 08:21:29 GMT 2007

Yes, I've got the IDE-CF adapter... got everything from icp-epia... except
the CF Card as I found a 4Gb one elsewhere for around £60...

So it's connected thru' this adpater thingy (bit of confusion finding which
way to power it!), however suuceeding in making BIOS detect said card
(Transcend) as an IDE device...

So... booting with UbuntuCD gave me a screen that was only half visible
(widescreen lcd), so tried vga mode... no avail, as just hung immediately on
both... so tried SuSe to same effect...

Then tried dreaded xp, which went thru' the file copying process but when it
came to reboot, just hung after POST...

Hence assume there may be an MBR issue?

aleX