[Klug-general] Topucs

Alistair Gordon algoart1 at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Feb 12 18:53:55 GMT 2007

Thanks Nathan,

  To try to get into Linux/Unix command line syntax, I bought a few (6) SGI Octanes to play around with.
  Building a network, running them headless as a mini render farm, and the like.
  I figured that as IRIX was an established, virtually bug-free OS with excellent documentation,
  that I could learn a lot from it.
  This was the case, but a lot of the 'hacks' I had to use were again, just cut and paste and the man pages didn't help on explaining command line sequences ending on things like:
  " ./."
  So...."UNIX weekend crash course" sounds good!

  By the way, if anyone is interested, I've got a few fully installed Octanes going cheap :-)

http://www.true2art.com