[Klug-general] Microsoft Joins OpenID scheme

Shish shish at shishnet.org
Tue Feb 13 00:27:24 GMT 2007

> Thoughts? Oppinions?

As long as they don't do their embrace / extend / extinguish thing,
this could be great -- the only reason I've not bothered getting an
openid is because no sites I use accept it (and of course, the sites
can't be bothered to support a system with no users). Hopefully this
will give openid the boost necessary to become commonplace~

I've been playing with it this afternoon; it took all of 10 minutes to
set up phpMyID* (A single-user openid server), configure things, and
comment on people's livejournals as someone other than "anonymous" \o/

* http://siege.org/projects/phpMyID/

    -- Shish