[Klug-general] Open Source Petition @ No 10 Website

Peter Childs peterachilds at gmail.com
Tue Feb 27 08:06:27 GMT 2007

On 27/02/07, Adam Buckland <Adam.Buckland at eurohill.com> wrote:
> I've had a reply from this now with the Govt's position made "perfectly"
> clear!

And its actually a sensible position. Which is strange given that we
are talking about the government. Once again the main reason OSS can't
win the contracts in realility is because we don't have a sales team
so nobody to sell our often very different solution.

ie

Open Formats to avoid locking so we're talking fromats conforming to
ISO or ECC Standards not Proparaty formats where possible, ODT etc
etc.

OSS will be considered on a level playing field with propertry
software so long as any Porpertry software does not use propertry
formats to avoid lock in.

Sounds wonderful, Reality is some what different however.

Peter