[Klug-general] The boy's new OS and Linux

Michael. E. Rentell michael.rentell at ntlworld.com
Tue Feb 27 11:30:03 GMT 2007

Good day all,

I have a mind to upgrade my desktop system and the AMD Athlon 64
currently offered by Dell attracts.

It comes, of course, with the Boy God's latest vsign operating system
which, apparently, checks its registered installation parameters on a
regular basis to prevent its being gnu-d (fat chance) without permission.

Has anyone discovered whether the subsequent installation of a Linux
partition (I favour Mandriva 64-bit) will cause this feature to trigger
a refusal to continue?

Unfortunately I have to maintain a small windoze partition because my
association's accounts program will, so far, only run that way so I need
it. I'm working with CodeWeavers to get it to go under CrossOverOffice,
but we are not there yet.

Any views would be welcome.

Mike Rentell
in Folkestone.