[Klug-general] Linux and Vista

Paul Littlefield paul.littlefield at bigfoot.com
Tue Feb 27 16:07:42 GMT 2007

On Tuesday 27 February 2007 13:01, Mike wrote:
> I've learnt over the years that when it comes to computers, you get what you pay for.

Absolutely. I have used the same local chap to build my current main 64-bit PC, the one before that, all my servers and my wife's PC.

He uses the best components he can get that day, and tests everything thoroughly before he gives it to me to test it even more with Linux.

The machine I am writing this on has been up for (has a quick peek)

 16:02:45 up 41 days,  1:37,  2 users,  load average: 1.28, 1.16, 1.23

and just does not crash. Not wishing to show off, but right now this is running KDE, Konqueror, Konsole (with 5 server sessions), Kontact, Firefox, Kopete, Skype, VMware (running Windows Me and XP concurrently), plus 'moc' for some MP3s.

I am so happy and confident with this machine, I bet I could start Xine and DooM just for a laugh.

:-)

--
PAULLY
http://www.paully.co.uk