[Klug-general] Re: So, this new iPhone

Stuart Brand admin at server-solution.co.uk
Wed Jan 10 23:33:21 GMT 2007

Hi all

I will have my 2 pence as I am most likely the biggest apple user on this
list.

I have to say that when I first saw the iPhone I didn't like it, then you
have to step back and say ' How else could a phone with a 3" touch screen
look? it still needs to fit into your pocket?' so then you have to look
deeper then looks.

When I saw the "iTunes" software on it running under os x, I was amazed,
this has got to be the best music playing portable device ever, not just
phones but all devices, I wouldn't be surprised if this didn't replace the
iPod all together, it just amazing, its iTunes from my mac on my phone, no
arguments, there is nothing like on the market.

yes it has a camera, but then so do most phones these days, agreed,
nothing special there.

A big difference is with the web browser, it looks and feel like safari,
its almost like using a mac but with a zoom in and out on the screen, very
impressive.

Buttons, well c'mon, why add touch screen and keep buttons? you don't have
a real keyboard and a laser one at the same time? or do you? if you do
then I can see why you'd want 2 types of interface on a phone

And Julia, before you rant any more about os x and its apps, remember
this, it is the best desktop operating system ever, nothing compares,
thats right, not even Debian.

Apple are amazing software innovators, iLife is one of the best products
ever released by any software company, and no, Debian doesn't have
anything like it, you may be able to tweak a few apps to try and simulate
what iLife can do and still never come close.

rant rant rant, but I don't like to see good things put down by people who
quite frankly don't know about them, from what I remember its was less
then a year ago that you first touched an apple, am i right? so how can
you judge?

And before I am questioned, I know about Linux and windows too, I have
created 4 Linux distro's, a boot loader and written a clone linux 0.01 in
assembly and c and am currently written a completely new OS plus
administered countless windows servers for a very major organization.

Not to offend anyone :) so don't take what I say as personal or cruel.

By the way, Julia, what phone do you have?