[Klug-general] Bittorent and slow internet

james snyder james.snyder at linuxmail.org
Thu Jan 11 11:44:58 GMT 2007

well at the risk of stating the obvious, it is already well know that one of the many drawbacks of BitTorrent file sharing, besides the security vulnerabilities, is that if you have low upload ratios you may see slower download speeds until you upload more. how do other P2P file distribution protocols compare with BitTorrent file sharing? Sorry I can not make it to the KLUG pub meet tonight because I am away doing a project using the Simple Object Access Protocol with a group of developers in Cambridge at the moment. If you are going tonight, please send my apologies to Dan, Sharon, etc. & let's hope there will be more meetings in Maidstone the capital of Kent! btw i got a luke-warm response from mid kent college for us to use a room for a KLUG meet in maidstone despite my efforts to find a new venue for us there. could pub LUG meets be the answer? otherwise see you at the next virtual KLUG video conference. cheers, Jim.