[Klug-general] the future of KLUG

Dan Attwood danattwood at googlemail.com
Tue Jan 16 16:01:42 GMT 2007

I think having meetings in West Kent would a be a really good idea.
Historically this hasn't happened purely because finding free meeting
spaces with an internet connection is really hard work. The Roadshow
idea was supposed to address some of these issues but not enough
people came forward with venues to cover all of Kent. I know that
kevin and several other people spent a lot of time hunting for venues,
but i can be difficult to do so outside of your immediate area.

Theres nothing to stop people from forking the KLUG into West KLUG,
East KLUG, Medway Towns Klug and Thanet KLUG. However I do feel that
like with most forking this would be counterproductive. Uniting under
one banner helps to pool resources and ideas. And if we happen to have
meeting going on East and West Kent at the same time then even better!