[Klug-general] Ekiga, SIP and all that

Ben Sutton bensutton at gmail.com
Mon Jan 22 22:30:20 GMT 2007

On Mon, 2007-01-22 at 16:01 +0000, Peter wrote:
> I'm using a Voyager 210 router which has NAT support but I don't know
> about SIP or H.323
>
> Can anyone help please?

Hi Peter,  I will try and help ....

Unfortunately when Ekiga cannot receive incoming traffic via STUN life
gets a bit more difficult.  The first thing you need to figure out is
how to forward incoming ports from your router to your computer.

Visit:
http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/BT/Voyager210/BitTorrent.htm

halfway down the page there is a description of how to forward ports for
your router.  Ekiga needs to communicate over several ports, depending
on what type of calls you would like to make.  have a close read of:

http://www.gnomemeeting.org/index.php?rub=3&pos=0&faqpage=x161.html

That FAQ describes the ports you need to forward.  Hopefully that will
help.  Let us know how it goes!

Cheers,

Ben.