[Klug-general] Methods of Gaining Linux Skills to Work in Industry

Alan Pope alan at popey.com
Mon Jan 22 23:08:34 GMT 2007

On Mon, 2007-01-22 at 21:15 +0000, Ben Sutton wrote:
> So, my question is, what is the best method of coming up with proof for
> potential employers that I can administer Linux?  Should I be looking at
> certification, or is my day to day experience enough? If you work with
> Linux, what do you think your employer was looking for when you applied?

Personally speaking, Linux system admin isn't my day job. I would like
to do more along the lines of free stuff (and Linux) but right now I
don't think I know enough to blag my way into a job.

So I planned to take the LPI 101, 102 and then the Ubuntu LPI exam - and
probably the RedHat one. With possibly the odd course thrown in. I have
the LPI study book and some eBooks I downloaded too, which I am working
through.

Good luck!

Cheers,
Al.