[Klug-general] Methods of Gaining Linux Skills to Work in Industry

Ben Sutton bensutton at gmail.com
Tue Jan 23 19:14:36 GMT 2007

On 23/01/07, J D Freeman <klug at quixotic.org.uk> wrote:

> ARE YOU MAD?!

Yes.

Do you fully understand what you are letting yourself in for?

No.

Are you really good?

I don't know, depends on what scale and particular skills.

Answer these questions fully, then we can proceed.

I'm confident in my ability to develop skills and work towards the things
I'd like to achieve.  I'm not sure I could walk into a job involving Linux
server administration and succeed today - which is partially my reason for
posting to the list.  Some of the posts have made it clear there are some
gaps in my knowledge that I may encounter day to day in this role.  There
have been some great replies giving me ideas how I can work towards plugging
these gaps, and for that, I'm thankful.

Cheers,

Ben.