[Klug-general] iPlayer Letter Writing Campaign

George Prowse cokehabit at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 17:39:55 BST 2007

Colin McCarthy wrote:
> I am sure everyone has heard about the BBC iPlayer and it using Windows
> DRM, meaning you have to use Windows to use the service when it starts
> at the end of the month.
> Following a link on Alan Pope's blog someone has created letters that we
> can edit, print out and then send to the BBC and your MP to complain
> about the closed system the BBC intends to use and show your support for
> FLOSS.  FLOSS now is not free as you need to spend £1.50 on stamps to
> send the letters, but well worth it. :-)
>
> You can read the orginal blog post here
> http://blog.paladine.org.uk/?p=14 and download the premade letters here
> http://ubuntu-uk.org/downloads/iPlayer-Letters.tar.gz
>
> Get printing, stamping and mailing today!
>
> Colin

Seeing as it is beta I see no reason why they should make an entirely
new player just for 1% of computers.

As a beta tester for the last 3 months I can see the potential position
they would be in with non-DRM stuff. Basically there would be half the
programmes.

Anyway, who really cares because they get binned after 28 days...