[Klug-general] Dial up internet

Mark Leese m.leese at btinternet.com
Sun Jul 22 20:06:41 BST 2007

It is a while since I last did it for dial up on btinernet but it can be done. You need to use CHAP authentication, I can't remember quite how I did it but can remember that KPPP at the time couldn't handle the connection so I had to edit the /etc/ppp files. The main thing is to make sure that your pap-secrets and chap-secrets files are configured with the username at isp.com and password. Like I said it has been a while but I could probably figure it out again, most of the problems I had was due to the softmodem.

  Mark.

Dan Attwood <danattwood at googlemail.com> wrote:
  My in laws have decided to take the plunge get a PC and have agreed to give ubuntu a try before they shell out on a windows box or a mac.

i need to set up a dial up, penny per minute internet connection for them. I've just tried to do this with BT, however their registration page dosen't work with firefox and the technical asked 'do you have XP or Vista'. So that was a no go.

Does anyone have any recommendation for dial up internet?

Dan