[Klug-general] VGA Card TV out problems

James Mallery jamesmallery at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 11:10:47 BST 2007

Hi all,

Having problems getting the TV out functionality working on both my and a
friends Linux installations.  My friend Nathan Friend told me that he
attended a KLUG meet where you had TV out running nicely on a few machines.
I'm using a ATI Radeon 9200 - can only get part 3/4 of my desktop on screen
whether I use the default Radeon driver that Sax2 uses or the latest
official ATI driver, which I used to create a 'distribution specific'
package using the kernel source.  My friends using a NVidia Geforce 4MX -
with the drivers his PCLinuxOS distro
installed the TV out was in black and white (his TV supports both PAL and
NTSC) and when I installed the official driver the TV out came out as
a complete grey mess on screen.
 We are both using s-video leads to connect.
Is there any default/failsafe settings that can be put into xorg.conf that
will help?  Could anybody, who has a similar card, e-mail me their
xorg.conffiles so I can compare?
Many thanks in advance.

Regards

James