[Klug-general] VGA Card TV out problems

Karl Buckland karl at digital-end.com
Wed Jun 20 11:33:41 BST 2007

Karl Lattimer wrote:
> ATI sucks
Yup. I ended up buying a cheapy nVidia card just for TV-out on my MythTV
box.

I could get TV out working with ATI, but for some reason no videos would
appear on the TV, only on my monitor. On the TV I'd just get a black box.
> but that machine is running ONLY on a TV, read the nvidia manual as it
> has some handy points, you may find that something like ConnectedMonitor
> LCD,TV is a better solution at times.
>
> Of course, nvidia-settings can do all of this for you :)

I found that booting with my cheapy nVidia card I had TV out
immediately, but only when only the TV was connected. When a monitor is
connected also then nvidia-settings and some xorg.conf config comes to
the rescue.

Karl (the other one)