[Klug-general] top-posting

Mike mike at csits.net
Thu Mar 1 01:32:17 GMT 2007

On Wed, Feb 28, 2007 at 08:06:56PM +0000, George Prowse wrote:
> At the end of the day you have to be pretty sad to let it effect you
> that much.
>
> You dont *have* to read the emails anyway. If you feel that strongly
> about it just read the ones where the replies have been bottom posted.
>
> George

Presumably you also drive on the wrong side of the road and stand on the left when using the moving stairs on the Underground?

The rules of mailing lists are there to make sure every works together in the most efficient way.  There are plenty of lists out there and I have seen them, where people get banned from the list for breaking the rules.  Also bear in the mind the point about the burden being on the poster to get it right is a valid one.  I've seen lists where people have posted asking for help and the people on the list have all hit "delete thread" because they can't be bothered to decypher what has been written.

If you don't care about getting ignored, don't bother posting.  If you care about getting it read and replied to, post it properly!

Mike.