[Klug-general] top-posting

George Prowse cokehabit at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 09:33:42 GMT 2007

Mike wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 28, 2007 at 08:06:56PM +0000, George Prowse wrote:
>
>> At the end of the day you have to be pretty sad to let it effect you
>> that much.
>>
>> You dont *have* to read the emails anyway. If you feel that strongly
>> about it just read the ones where the replies have been bottom posted.
>>
>> George
>>

> Presumably you also drive on the wrong side of the road and stand on the left when using the moving stairs on the Underground?

nope
> The rules of mailing lists are there to make sure every works together in the most efficient way.
There are no rules about top posting, it is 'etiquette'
> There are plenty of lists out there and I have seen them, where people get banned from the list for breaking the rules.
Of course, being abusive is one
> Also bear in the mind the point about the burden being on the poster to get it right is a valid one.  I've seen lists where people have posted asking for help and the people on the list have all hit "delete thread" because they can't be bothered to decypher what has been written.

Well those people are idiots and the lists are obviously not worth being
on. If the lkml, all gentoo, debian and every other distro lists and
other lists i have ever seen dont care that much then it cant matter
that much (which is what i wrote in my original post)
> If you don't care about getting ignored, don't bother posting.  If you care about getting it read and replied to, post it properly!
It is pretty shallow to not help someone just because of them top
posting, would you not help someone who had broken down at the side of
the road just because you disliked their car?