[Klug-general] Fwd: [ubuntu-uk] Dell Linux Survey (until 23rd March)

Matthew Macdonald-Wallace matthew at truthisfreedom.org.uk
Wed Mar 14 08:56:21 GMT 2007

Quoting Dan Attwood <danattwood at googlemail.com>:

> it's all a sham though.
> various dell people have been rapidly backpeddling away from this
> survey. MS have been leaning on them heavily.
>
> And if they do supply Linux it will be Suse as Microsoft need someone
> to help use up all of those licenses.

It's still a major OEM (and regardless of the quality of Dell's kit,
they are one of the best-known mfrs) that could be shipping linux as a
viable alternative to windows.

Personally, I'm not too fussed which distro they use, as long as Linux
is in the mainstream!

My £0.75[1]

Matt

[1] £0.02 adjusted (roughly) for inflation...! :)
--
Matthew Macdonald-Wallace
matthew at truthisfreedom.org.uk
"Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodies?"