[Klug-general] Another reason to love Linux AKA a cool use of OSS

David Halliday david.halliday at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 10:39:33 BST 2007

Just figured I'd share this one with the LUG, many will be familiar
with this sort of use of Linux, but for those who aren't then it's an
eye opener.

essentially its getting my home computer to download torrents for me
from work. That way the download is finished when I get home so I have
something to play with without having to download for an hour or two
after getting home.

Original blog post here: http://amon83.blogspot.com/2007/03/i-linux.html

If anyone wants to know more about how I did this and how to do
similar things email me directly, ask at a LUG meeting or just send a
request to the mailing list.

Once you set up the Linux box at home this sort of thing is easy and
the possibilities are mind blowing.