[Klug-general] Mailing list etiquette, again (was: The other side of sympathy

Margot margot at lawrence1961.f9.co.uk
Fri May 4 20:34:32 BST 2007

Colin McCarthy wrote:

> Shish
> Would you be interested in producing a 'Mailing list etiquette' guide
> that we could put on the new KLUG site?  Screenshots of examples could
> help explain the correct etiquette way of participating in the mailing
> list to new members and everyone can refer to it or be referred to it
> if there are further problems.

This could be a useful starting point, to avoid having to reinvent
the wheel:

It was written with mailing list newbies in mind, so it explains
what to do *and why*.

Just remove all the Mandriva-specific parts, and the reference to
zinging Joe - he's Canadian, so it's unlikely that he'll ever
subscribe to a KLUG list, so maybe we could substitute Karl or Julia
(or both!) instead.

--
Margot