[Klug-general] Mailing list etiquette, again

Dan Attwood danattwood at googlemail.com
Sat May 5 11:21:33 BST 2007

i think there are few points we can all take away from this;

- netetiquette is a good idea. however it doesn't need to be forced
down peoples throats and rather then ranting, discussing, qouting or
similar it might better to point people gently to the rules/
guidelines page on the web site

- we have no rules/guidelines page on the website and so all the
previous disscusions are kind of irrelevant until someone writes some
and has them adopted by the group

- Flame wars or constantly trying to better each other have no place
on what is essentaily a technical/ social list

- The klug is made of many people of all ages, sexs and levels of
technical ability - you need to always keep this in mind when posting.
Likewise some people may be subscribed to this list only and not
familar with the way other lists, irc channels etc operate