Peter Childs peterachilds at gmail.com
Wed May 9 15:20:13 BST 2007

On 09/05/07, Dan Attwood <danattwood at googlemail.com> wrote:
> > The competition commission hasn't even raised an eyebrow at this lack of
competition on the shelves, which has
> > allowed microsoft to instigate its own cartel pricing on this sub
standard beta product.
> sors methinks
>
> worryingly our own government doesn't seem bothered that you can buy
> the same product in the us for only £190 or only £3 if in a developing
> country

Please remember when you quote a US price THEY DON'T PAY VAT! they have this
weired thing called Sales Tax that is usually about 6% not 17% and thats not
applicable unless you buy the item from a shop assistant (So Mail Order
Internet and self service Petrol Pumps are tax free) so £190 plus 17.5% =
hmm £223.
 So its only 127 pounds difference then take import and export duty and
costs is not really.

Peter.