[Klug-general] What Broadband Package Do You Use? Rev 2

Margot margot at lawrence1961.f9.co.uk
Thu May 10 07:58:01 BST 2007

Shish wrote:
>> I see the lesson on how to format your signature properly didn't
>> entirely sink in ;-)
>
> Ack, I was in personal mail mode rather than mailing list mode /o\ I've
> been doing it the standard way since it was pointed out in all my other
> posts to the list though :P
>
> --
> Shish

You still didn't get it quite right - which is why your signature
(above) hasn't been automatically stripped by Thunderbird & still
appears in the quoted text.

The delimiter should be two hyphens *followed by a space* - the
space is an important character, even though invisible.

And it doesn't matter whether your sending personal mail or sending
to a mailing list - the recipient's software should recognise a
properly formatted signature on personal mail as well as on list mail.

If you don't want the bother of typing the signature every time,
most email software gives you the option of automatically adding a
signature to all email - sometimes by directly typing the signature
text into a box in the email software settings, sometimes by
pointing to a signature text file. Depending on the software you're
using, someone here  could probably give you full instructions for
doing this.

--
Margot