[Klug-general] LUG web server upgrade

Colin McCarthy binarysignal at gmail.com
Thu May 10 12:36:17 BST 2007

The wonderful people at LUG.org.uk have warned us they are going to
upgrade their server over the weekend so kent.lug.org.uk will be down
for a while.

Here's their annoucement.

Hi,

Please could you pass the following on to your groups:

On Saturday 19th May we are planning to swap our unreliable server
for a brand new one that we have been preparing for some time.

There is quite a lot of data spread over several virtual machines so
we are going to give ourselves from mid day on Saturday through
until midnight on Monday, though we hope everything will be back up
and running much much sooner.

The machine will stay in the same facility, IP addresses will not
change, ssh keys will not change, all user data will be preserved
and no email will be lost.

Oh, and here are some pictures of the new server:
http://gallery.popey.com/gallery/LOUBox :)

Cheers,
Andy
UK Linux User Groups

I am sure we all hope their upgrade goes ok.  And thank them for their support.

Colin