[Klug-general] Upgrade woes

Mike Rentell michael.rentell at ntlworld.com
Fri Nov 2 12:02:16 GMT 2007

Dan Attwood wrote:
> colin has similar woes with ubuntu and cd drives- looks like your
> motherboard may not have yet made it into the kernel.
>
> I would consider giving the 32bit version of ubuntu a go and also try
> the alternate cd as this can sometimes work.
>
> dan

Almost one week and several installations and misfires later ...

Now trying Debian 4.0 'Etch'. It does see the CD/DVD drive and also
plays music CDs which is an improvement on other distros.

I now want to load up the 64bit Debian 'Etch' special package of
VirtualBox. That seems to have hung.  It would be nice if everything
just worked.

MikeR