[Klug-general] VMWare Workstation - installation

Paul Littlefield paul.littlefield at bigfoot.com
Tue Nov 27 09:14:43 GMT 2007

On Monday 26 November 2007 17:43:38 Stuart Buckland wrote:
> Personally I use both.  I have Server installed on my erm.. server and
> Workstation on... you guessed it.. my workstation

Sorry to have been a bit quite on this subject. I should have spoken sooner really...

...I only have good things to say about Workstation and Server. I have been using Workstation for 5 years now and it really is worth the money and perseverance. It has had a few niggling errors but these have been fixed with a forum search or post. I use this for work and it needs to be good because I cannot spend time trying to keep making it work.

I have also had experience of Server for my servers, and this too has been trouble free. It installed Windows 2003 Server, SQL Server and Sage 200 over the network and displays at good (but not as quick as Workstation) speed.

I am just about to install Server in a solicitors in Maidstone, and I have every confidence that it will do the job.

Please keep trying, read the PDF manuals (which are excellently written) and scour the forums for help.

Regards

:-)

PAULLY