[Klug-general] The most secure Linux laptop in the world

Matthew Macdonald-Wallace matthew at truthisfreedom.org.uk
Tue Nov 27 20:06:21 GMT 2007

On Tue, 2007-11-27 at 12:25 +0000, Stephen Ryan wrote:
> Hi Stephen, from near Hythe in Kent here. Just joined KLUG.
>
> I am on a mission to find the most secure (yet functional) Linux
> distro in the world. It must have the tiniest of footprints.
> I have played with Knoppix CD, but i want something much, much,
> smaller and something that even a novice can configure.
> Smallest amount of code - just enough functionality.
>
> http://intrench.blogspot.com/2007/11/if-there-is-such-thing-as-total.html

Every system, no matter how secure and well-designed, will be broken by
some idiot user. (James Gaskin)

If you think technology can solve your security problems, then you don't
understand the problems and you don't understand the technology. (Bruce
Schneier)

Social engineering bypasses all technologies, including firewalls.
(Kevin Mitnick)

The only truly secure system is one that is powered off, cast in a block
of concrete and sealed in a lead-lined room with armed guards, and even
then I'm not so sure... (Gene Spafford)

My £0.02,

Matt